FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hermes outlet

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Hermes outlet on Sun May 22, 2011 3:49 am

"From suchorcs aHermes Kellynd minerals as are rich in silver, but containing little sulphur, with or without copper, I obtain solutions containing silver or silver and copper, as the case may be. I dilute the strong solutions with water; I heat the diluted solution by preference to boiling, and the silver is precipitated in the state of the chloride. I usually find this accomplished when Twaddle's hydrometer stands atHermes 30 when applied to the diluted liquors. When the chloride of silver is fully subsided, I run the liquor, if it contain copper, into another vessel or set of vessels, and precipitate the copper, and I collect the chloride of silver and smelt it. I can treat such ores and minerals as are rich in silver, but with little sulHermes Birkinhur, when containing copper, with common salt, and obtain solutions containing silver and copper. I produce a weak or diluted solution, and theHermes Handbagsreby precipitate the silver in the state of chloride on the residual matters of the ores or minerals. I mix the precipitate in this case with lead or lead ores, and smelt in the ordinary manner of smelting silvery lead ores; but if tho silver has been precipitated separately by dilution, it may at once be smelted and metallic silver obtained. The copper solution I treat by any of the well-known methods for separating copper.

"In treating regulus containing silver and copper, I mix it with 5 or 10 per cent• of common salt by weight of the regulus, and grind it so as to pass through a sieHermes outletve of 10 or more holes to the inch, and calcine the ground material in a furnace. As it is better to conduct this operation gradually, I prefer a furnace of three or more beds, each bed of about 12 ft. square, but a furnace with one oHermes bagsmore beds may be used. I place the first charge on the bed farthest from the fire, and when it has remained about eight hours in the back bed I move it on to the next bed, and so on in rotation, occasionally stirring it and drawing tBirkinhe finished charge at the bed nearest the fire; the calcined material is put into vessels. When the soluble portions are dissolved, if the calcined material does

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum